Some words about the sites history: The Center for Practical Bioethics was formerly
known as the Midwest Bioethics Center and had a more than twenty year old history. |
The MBCenter offered workshops and educational programs for professionals and lay people,
helped providers throughout the country resolve ethical issues in clinical work,
and helped administrators and their staffs iintegrate ethics into their organizational structures.
The vision: A society in which the dignity and health of all people is advanced through ethical discourse and action.
The mission: To raise and respond to ethical issues in health and healthcare.
The core value: Respect for human dignity. We believe that all persons have intrinsic worth,
and we express this belief by promoting both autonomy and social justice in health and healthcare.
Our Guiding Principles:
- To lead and promote the leadership of others
- To think critically and listen actively
- To address ethical issues unfettered by special interests
- To collaborate with others who share our values
- To work diligently toward our mission